Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS) was established in the year 1986 at BG Nagar, near Sri Adichunchanagiri Kshetra with a vision of providing medical education to aspiring students from rural areas.
AIMS was inaugurated by the then Honorable Chief Minister of Karnataka, Sri Ramakrishna Hegde on 17th Jan 1986 in the holy presence of Padmabhushana Dr. Sri Sri Sri Balagangadharanatha Maha Swamiji. AIMS has evolved into a prestigious institution in the region since its inception.
The AIMS Mission
- To provide outstanding educational experiences to the students through competent facilitators and supportive infrastructure that transforms today’s students to tomorrow’s confident, socially responsible health care providers.
- Strives to provide comprehensive, culturally sensitive, cost-effective, community-oriented quality health care services to the society.
- To facilitate community relevant quality research studies and research training programmes to the students and faculty by providing a stimulating environment that nurtures original thinking.
- To inculcate value system and ethical principles of righteousness, honesty, integrity and dignity among students, staff and other stakeholders enabling them to serve with social justice and equity.
- To ensure innovative approaches and entrepreneurial skill developments, promoting creative thinking among the learners, to foster regional, national and global competencies.