Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal (SVKM) is a Public Charitable Trust registered under the Society’s Registration Act, 1860 and Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950. From its humble beginnings in 1934, when it took over the Rashtriya Shala, a school established in 1921 in the wake of the National Movement, the Mandal expanded its activity by opening institutes covering various branches like Arts, Science, Commerce, Law, Engineering (Diploma & Degree), Pharmacy, Architecture and Management Studies etc. Today the Mandal has grown into a big educational complex imparting high-level education to more than 35,000 students. The Mandal received a handsome donation from Shri Narottam Chauhan for the establishment of the Law College. The college is named ‘Jitendra Chauhan College of Law’ (JCCL) after his son’s name, late Shri Jitendra Chauhan and it started functioning from 1977.